Labor & Birth Doulas, Postpartum Doulas, and Bereavement Doulas must renew their certification every 2 years.
Fertility Doulas and Childbirth Educators must renew their certification every 3 years.
In Order to renew your certification, Doulas are required to be in good moral standing, and of good character. Additionally:
- Submit proof of 20 Continuing Education Units for Childbirth Educators, 10 Continuing Education Units for Labor & Birth Doulas, or 5 Continuing Education Units for each other Doula Certification.
- Complete Application Included below.
- Provide at least 2 CLIENT testimonials relevant to the certification you wish to renew- this might include reviews clients have posted to some part of your web presence.
Continuing Education Units are designed to be as flexible as our courses themselves!
- Our IN-HOUSE fertility Doula course counts for 4 CEUs toward Labor & Birth or Childbirth Educator renewal- Outside Courses will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Our IN-HOUSE Bereavement Doula course counts for 2 CEUs toward Labor & Birth, Childbirth Educator or Fertility Doula Recertification. Outside Courses will be evaluated on a Case-by-case basis.
- Our IN-HOUSE webinars are worth 1 CEU each. Outside Webinars are worth .75 CEUs Each
- Our IN-HOUSE Herbs & Aromas or Placenta Encapsulation courses count for 1.5 CEUs EACH. Outside courses count for 1 CEU.
- Those applying may read and submit ORIGINAL summaries of books related to the type of certification they are renewing for .25 CEUs each, for a maximum of 2 CEUs per renewal.
- Those seeking Renewal may submit a 5 page research paper (APA format) on a topic related to their certification for 2 CEUs each, Maximum 6 CEUs per renewal.
- Those seeking renewal are encouraged to reach out to Support@MidwiferyInstitute.com with any other questions. We want to be flexible. If you would like to know if something we haven’t considered will count toward Re-certification requirements, Just ask!