The Madre Sana Doula Certification is now part of The Midwifery Institute!
- What is a Doula
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Basic Pregnancy
- Comfort Measures
- Labor Support
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Postpartum Support
- Business of Birth
- Tote Bag
- Doula Logbook
- "Rice Sock"
- "Rebozo" Scarf
- Peanut Ball
How the program works:
Our program is unique. Instead of just a weekend long workshop, we break it into 6 weeks. Each week will be dedicated to one to two modules. There will be a virtual workshop, reading and research assignments, and twice during the program you will have dedicated time to speak with your instructor. The goal is that our doulas will be well educated and ready to competently assist mother's to have fulfilling births.
- Attain your CPR and NRP certifications
- Complete the program with a grade of 80% or better
- Submit 2 anonymized client files from births you have attended as a doula
- Submit 2 client reviews
- Be current on your payment plan if applicable.
- Each 2 years pay the $50 renewal fee
- Complete the re-certification application
- Maintain both your CPR and NRP certifications
- Complete 10 CEU's
- Submit 4 reviews from clients
- Submit 4 anonymized client files