The Midwifery Institute is proud to announce the release of the Diploma in Midwifery, For Fall 2023. We are accepting early admissions applications NOW!
This is a four-year program encompassing both online course work and an extensive clinical apprenticeship. You will find that it is an exceptionally in-depth and rigorous course of study which exceeds the NARM CPM requirements for certification. There are certainly easier programs out there, but few that will compare. To graduate, you must complete the full course including the apprenticeship and meet the skills and experience requirements.
The curriculum has been developed to comply with the ICM (International Confederation of Midwives) and MEAC (Midwifery Education Accreditation Council).
- A minimum of 75 births with an increasing level of responsibility.
- At most 35 as an assistant
- At minimum 40 as the primary under supervision.
- A minimum of 225 prenatal visits.
- At most 75 as an assistant
- At least 150 as the primary under supervision.
- A minimum of 150 postpartum visits
- At most 50 as an assistant
- At least 100 as the primary under supervision.
- 65 Newborn exams
- At most 20 as an assistant
- At least 45 as the primary under supervision.
- Of the 75 births 50 will show continuity of care with the student providing at least 3 prenatal and 2 postpartum visits.
- All the births will be planned out of hospital either at the client’s home or a free-standing birth center.
- No more than 10 may be transports before or during birth.
2023-2024 School Year
August 28th, 2023 to December 11th, 2023
January 8rd, 2024 to April 23rd, 2024
May 8th, 2024 August 21st, 2024