The Madre Sana Doula Certification is now part of The Midwifery Institute!
We have a mission to ensure that every woman has a well-trained Doula at her birth. Our vision of the role of a doula is a partner for the woman. She is there to advocate for the mother and to, preferably, work with the care team to help keep the birth normal. When a new mother has used the services of a doula, she has a better chance to feel more in control of her birth. An empowering birth can often mean the world to a woman that has been systematically oppressed.
This course will prepare you to help women in late pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
- What is a Doula
- Basic Pregnancy
- Comfort Measures
- Labor Support
- Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Postpartum Support
- Basics of Herbs and Homeopathy
- Business of Birth
- Attain your CPR and NRP certifications
- Complete the program with a grade of 80% or better
- Submit 2 anonymized client files from births you have attended as a doula?
- Submit 2 client reviews
- Be current on your payment plan
- Each 2 years pay the $50 renewal fee
- Complete the re-certification application
- Maintain both your CPR and NRP certifications
- Complete 10 CEU’s
- Submit 4 reviews from clients
- Submit 4 anonymized client files
- Have completed your payment plan