Requirements to Enroll in the Diploma in Midwifery Program:
When you are accepted into the program, you are awarded the Apprentice Midwife Credential from the Center for Midwifery Certification. Upon completion, you will be awarded the Junior Midwife Credential also from the Center for Midwifery Certification. the regular certification fees are included in your tuition.
- Submit your application
- A Minimum of one year working in a birth profession including as a Doula, Monitrice, or Apprentice where you attended at least 5 births. Or complete our Doula certification course.
- Highschool Diploma or GED
- College Algebra 1 by the end of your first year.
- Statistics by the end of your second year.
Requirements to Graduate.
- A minimum of 75 births with an increasing level of responsibility.
- At most 40 as an assistant
- At minimum 35 as the primary under supervision.
- A minimum of 225 prenatal visits.
- At most 75 as an assistant
- At least 150 as the primary under supervision.
- A minimum of 100 postpartum visits
- At most 50 as an assistant
- At least 50 as the primary under supervision.
- 65 Newborn exams
- At most 20 as an assistant
- At least 45 as the primary under supervision.
- Of the 75 births 50 will show continuity of care with the student providing at least 3 prenatal and 2 postpartum visits.
- All the births will be planned out of hospital either at the client’s home or a free-standing birth center.
- No more than 10 may be transports before or during birth.
- CPR certified
- NRP certified